Monday, July 5, 2010

I Need to Live by the Beach Again.

We went to Fisterra which is where the Romans thought was the end of the world. It was a 3 hour bus ride. Once we got there we went to a light house at the point that was the end of the world as Romans knew it. I can´t imagine looking out at the ocean as far as you can see and think there is nothing else out there. Thank God there is ... little did the Romans know, not only is there more out there, but there is the promised land, the greatest country in the whole world! (USA).

It took Noah and me a couple hours and way more walking than necessary to find the beach, but we got there. We didn´t find a board rental shop, though. But the waves were real nice. They came in sets, they were very clean and very organized. Nothing like Corpus. Also unlike Corpus, they were freezing. I like my bathwater waves in the sparkling city by the sea. I got in and promptly got back out. It was just nice to feel and taste the salt water. Noah made a castle and we stuck an American flag in it. Then we checked out the tide pools where we found crabs, fish, a star fish, and I think I caught a glimpse of an octopus. By the time we were done with the tide pools, the flag had already gotten washed away. Oh well. The beach was surrounded by mountains and pine trees which wiped out the salt water smell that I was looking forward to. But it was a very nice view. Very cool.

We got back and made dinner. Now we´re just hanging out. Tomorrow Padrón is on the schedule. The hostel guy found a place with surf shops, but its pretty far out, so I don´t think we´re going to be able to make that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...