Friday, July 2, 2010

Woo Hoo!

I just LOVE that photo of the boys in front of the Cathedral! For some reason, I like that it was raining the day they arrived. (It’s been raining here on and off for days.) I thank God for the blessing of their arrival.

Seamus, Chad and Ian in Santiago de Compostela, May, 1996.
(Noah was born four months later.)


Seamus in front of the Cathedral of Saint James.
May, 1996


Just for the record ...
We took Ian to the burial site of his patron saint too.
Basilical and tomb of St. John the Evangelist (brother of Saint James)
Ephesus, Turkey.
January, 1997
Unfortunately, there are no hiking trails across Turkey leading to Ephesus ... that would have been neat.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, how cute! I wish that first picture with their dad was a little lighter, so you could see them better. It's so exciting to think that they've come back 14 years later and will have a whole new perspective (sorry Noah, your memory from the first time might be a bit lacking...) Did Ian get to go to Ephesus on his birthday, since the date for the picture is in January? That would have been pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I only have those two pictures from Santiago in 1996, Kelly! What was I thinking!

    Yeah ... I wish that top one was brighter. I do remember it being a challenge to take a good picture because the buildings surrounding the church yard really impeded photo options.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...